Literally, every major tech firm — from Amazon to Google, from Facebook to YouTube, from Imax to TiVo, from Samsung to Yahoo, from ChowNow to Electronic Arts- is growing virtually every day.
Without question, Playa Vista is ground-zero for Silicon Beach and then some.
People who work and live in Playa Vista are setting the agenda for tomorrow in Southern California and before long the world.
Now welcome to the new weekly digital magazine Playa Vista People, which will introduce you to the people behind the community the Wall Street Journal called “Tomorrow, Today.”
Playa Vista People (www.PlayaVistaPeople.com) will be seen weekly (each Thursday) from the leaders of Playa Vista and its surrounding communities: Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey, and Westchester.
Talk about impact. Our weekly readers are smart, affluent, trendsetting and influential. Very valuable and extraordinary eye balls indeed.
You can become part of the Playa Vista experience by signing up to receive Playa Vista People for free directly in your inbox and discover tomorrow…. today.
Simply go to www.PlayaVistaPeople.com
What is Playa Vista?
Welcome to Silicon Beach:
*PLAYA VISTA PEOPLE–Only Originals Allowed!:
Owner of The Duchess Yacht Charter Service
2. Where do you work, and where did you go for your job training? – I own and run The Duchess Yacht Charter Service in Marina Del Rey. We operate the The Duchess Yacht, The Legend Yacht and Side Hustle. I’ve been on the water for 63 years and driving my own vessels for 47
3. How did you end up in Playa Vista? – We are based out of Marina Del Rey.
4. Where are your favorite places to go on weekends? – The Pacific ocean is where we spend our weekends.
7. Do you have family in Playa Vista? – No.
8. How did you get into the Yacht Chartering business? – I was looking for my retirement career and found it.
9. What’s the most unusual yacht cruise you’ve done? – We’ve done many unusual charters and out of respect of and for confidentiality I would not share those. Of the ones I can share, I would say a variety of the different Filming we have done would fall under unusual, from Charlie Sheen interviews for international television, 20/20 Murder reenactments, a variety of Reality TV shows and many more.
10. Do you teach people how to fish as well? – We teach people how to catch fish all the time.
PLAYA – NEW YEAR ADVICE:
*WHO READS PLAY VISTA PEOPLE?: Café Del Rey Chef Job Carder along with 15,000 other “influencers” in the Playa Vista, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey and Westchester area.
*PLAYA PEOPLE–MEET PETER:
2. *** Why don’t more businesses in Runway offer a resident discount? —— Laci Fields, Playa Vista.
3. ***Inform your local friends that they can receive this Playa Vista People digital magazine free of charge each Thursday by signing up at: www.PlayaVistaPeople.com
4. ***WANTED: Playa Vista People is looking for a creative Videographer to join our team. Your videos will reach approximately 15,000 influencers in the area every week. Send an e-mail with complete contact information (including phone number) to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.
5. ***I wish the Farmer’s Market in Playa Vista on Saturday had some new vendors. I am getting tired of the same group of vendors week in and week out. —— Nanci R., Playa Del Rey.
6. ***Do you have a message for your neighbors in Playa Vista? Post on the Playa Vista People
Experienced author seeking smart, reliable, resourceful entry-level research assistant for part-time, flexible hours assignments. Must be available for occasional meetings on the Westside of L.A. Work mostly from home. A great opportunity for the right person. An extraordinary addition to your resume. Send resume (no attachment) with complete contact details including phone number. E-mail to: Aurora411@TimeWire.net
Playa Vista People Edited By: Aurora DeRose
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.