PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET BELLAMY
Bellamy has been living in Culver City since January 2004
WOULD YOU RATHER QUESTIONS:
Would you rather give up your computer or your pet?
–I HATE PETS!
Would you rather be a deep-sea diver or an astronaut?
–ASTRONAUT CAUSE I LOVE OUTER SPACE
Would you rather publish your diary or make a movie on your most embarrassing moment?
–DIARY, CAUSE I DON’T KEEP ONE
Would you rather be a giant hamster or a tiny rhino?
–RHINO. HAMSTERS ARE DISGUSTING
PLAYA – LENS:
Smile, you’re on Candid Camera. Send your photos to us for publication: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET RUTH
Ruth has been living in Culver City since July 2009
WOULD YOU RATHER QUESTIONS:
Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
–GOLDEN VOICE. I SING IN THE SHOWER.
Would You rather be in jail for a year or lose a year off your life?
–LOSE A YEAR OF MY LIFE. AT MY AGE IT WOULDN’T MATTER.
Would You Rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
–EARLY. MY MOTHER TOLD ME TO NEVER BE LATE. IT IS RUDE.
PLAYA – LENS:
A green room in Marina del Rey.
PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET WIGGLES
Wiggles has lived in Marina del Rey since the day she was born.
If you live or work in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, or Westchester, please send in your intriguing photos to us at: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – LENS:
Extraordinary linguini and clam sauce at Cantalini’s Salerno Beach restaurant in Playa del Rey.
Playa’s Renowned U.S. Showjumper to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
Leading show-jumping rider Kathy Kusner and event organizer Howard Simpson have been honored with the 2021 Lifetime Achievement Award from the U.S. Equestrian Federation. The pair will be presented with their awards at the Pegasus Awards Dinner Celebration during the 2022 U.S. Equestrian Annual Meeting in Florida, on Thursday, January 13. Kusner, from Playa Vista, has not only won Olympic and Pan American Games medals for her country, but she is also renowned as a true pioneer who broke barriers for other women in horse sports and has devoted much of her life to horses and equestrianism.
PLAYA – LENS:
The owner and staff of the beloved Cantalini’s Salerno Beach Restaurant in Playa del Rey on New Year’s Eve.
PLAYA – RESTAURANT REVIEW
by Alice Revel:
I’ve now been to lunch at The Good Pizza in Playa del Rey twice in the last month and both times the food was terrific, far exceeding my expectations for this small restaurant in our local area. The last time I was there I had a terrific Mediterranean salad which you can get a half portion. A nice treat for lunch. The lobster ravioli was outstanding not merely good but inspiring. This is a small restaurant but I sense it as cared for by its staff and its owner which in today’s world makes it quite unusual.
PLAYA – EATS:
Tartine Aux Avocats (Avocado Toast) is a beautiful plate at Café Bohème in Playa del Rey.
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Jess Kang, Del Rey:
Giving this one-year-old baby away. Her name is lloba. She is a happy, lovely, outgoing dog, does very well with other dogs, and looking for a forever home with a lovely family. Cannot keep her because I have four other dogs. Contact Tina (562) 719-1974
PLAYA – READER QUESTION?
How have you cured loneliness in the neighborhood in the last year?
Send your reply (maximum 250 words) to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – HISTORY:
Incline from the beach looking eastward to the Los Angeles Pacific Railway stop at the base of the Westchester cliffs, 1910s.
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Justin Purser, Playa del Rey:
Mistruths regarding the Recall Of Mike Bonin. Wanted to clear up something the few remaining Mike Bonin supporters seem to bring up and that is the notion that the Recall is solely to remove Mike Bonin from office. That is not necessarily the only goal…Yes removing Mike from office is a priority but it’s also to end his career as an elected official forever. Once someone is removed from office they are deemed “unelectable,” and no one is willing to put $$ into a campaign for them because it’s too easy for any opponent to point out that they were already once removed from office by their constituents. So, I guess you could say those organizing the recall are doing the Lord’s work to make sure many others in the future would not have to suffer the consequences of Mike Bonin.
SHARE YOUR MESSAGE WITH 25,000 OF YOUR NEIGHBORS FOR FREE!:
The Playa Vista People Bulletin Board encourages you to communicate with 25,000 of your neighbors for FREE!
Hire • Promote • Comment • Barter • Sell
Your message will be read by 25,000 of your neighbors living and working in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester, and all for FREE!
Send your FREE Bulletin Board message (maximum 50 words) to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Mishele Vieira, Westchester:
New Restaurant – 123-Pho Now Open in Westchester!! Happy New Year Neighbors! I was sad when we lost Sansei, I know many of us liked them and they did good things for our community. And…after that space being vacant for so long, I am pleased to welcome 123-Pho to the corner of Lincoln and Manchester (between the credit union and LA Fitness). We thought it was great. My husband had the lemongrass chicken and I had Pho. Both were delish. We got takeout, but people were eating in and seeming to enjoy. I hope you will consider giving them a try.
PLAYA – RESTAURANTS:
Urban Plates’ Grilled Grass Fed Steak Plate, normally $15.95, is $11 with Plate Pass.
Dream of a Career in Public Relations?
Prominent P.R./Branding Firm Seeks A Freelance (Flexible Hours) Press Release Writer.
This is a freelance, work-from-home position but GREAT Media/PR opportunity at one of America’s premier P.R. and Branding firms having represented Academy Award winners, Grammy Award winners, and New York Times best-sellers.
Also Seeking Interns
Send resume to: email@example.com
PLAYA – BULLETIN BOARD:
1. ** Consumer Beware! for Runway Optometry, Playa Vista. This place is all about making money. The front staff will upsell everything with a hefty markup. And they will use the scare tactic so that you have to buy glasses/contact lenses. I just had my glasses made. The prescriptions are wrong. They are waaaay too strong for my eyes. I am now getting a second opinion, having to pay out of pocket, since I just used all of my insurance benefits at this place. Unfortunately, many of the optometrists in this area are all about making money. I’ve yet to still find a genuine caring optometrist who is not so money hungry. —- E.L., Playa Vista
2. ** My message is simple. Recall Councilman Mike Bonin. He is a disaster! Look around. —- Oliva T., Marina del Rey
3. ** I had a dream that I had invented Toenail Clippers For Seniors. —- Arlene H., Playa Vista
4. ** Let’s be honest. Movies today suck. —- Vincent A., Culver City
5. ** The crossword puzzle “acts as a window into our fantasies, tastes, and unyielding fixations.” —- Oliva P., Playa del Rey
6. ** Listen up! When I am bored, really bored, I call Best Western Hotels and when they answer…”Best Western,” I yell “True Grit with John Wayne” and then hang up. —- Tony P., Culver City
7. ** Covid. Be careful neighbors, Covid is still traveling around, my household is all vaccinated & we are sick, tested positive. It’s no joke. Hospitals are full, & you will not be allowed to go inside with your loved ones. Please take care. —- Sylvia Sandela
8. ** Urgent plea for assistance. Paint is washing into our oceans in Culver City. We need help cleaning the paint that is bubbling and chipping off the pedestrian sidewalks. All of those people volunteered to help paint. We need your HELP NOW. —- Clinton G.
9. ** I am tired of feeling unsafe in Santa Monica. Between the homeless encampment down the street to drug addicts and the mentally ill, I do feel unsafe. —- Angie Nosho, Santa Monica
10. ** Contribute to Sheriff Alex Villanueva – This is the one person who has done something for us. All of us here in CD-11. In addition to Venice Beach and Westchester Park, he and his team moved our veterans onto the VA and off of the streets. He’s a lifelong cop, has done a difficult job with a County Board of Supervisors that he doesn’t report to. —- Robert Hansen, Westchester
11. ** Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James said he had no response to NBA great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who criticized James for a social media post in which he appeared to question the difference between COVID-19 and the flu and common cold. Increasingly, I am coming to believe that LeBron is a talented, angry moron. —- Gwen Z., Playa Vista
12. ** My dog woke me up barking at 3 am this morning. I got up to look out the window to see a very large coyote on my front lawn eating some poor dead animal. Could not tell what kind of animal it was. Too big to be a cat. This coyote looked more like a large dog or small wolf. Not scrawny or skinny. Finally picked up its prey and walked off. 8900 block David Ave. Be careful. Please don’t leave any of your animals outside at night. —- Lorraine Salk, Culver City
13. ** The fact that someone had to come up with a superstition to keep people from walking under ladders is probably a pretty good sign that we’ve always been dumb.—- Howie C., Culver City
14. ** Let’s be honest, kids. New Year’s Eve is the worst, anyway – even worse than Valentine’s Day when it comes to people desperately pretending to be having a good time. Spare yourself. —- Wally Z., Marina del Rey
15. ** A recent family visit to the Santa Monica Pier. Crowded, dirty, unsafe illegal vendors. Disgusting. —- Leslie T., Marina del Rey
Talk to your community for free! Reach 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester with the FREE Playa Vista People Bulletin Board. Send in your free message to our bulletin board, not to exceed 50 words to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.