PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET MANDY
Mandy has been living and working in Westchester since August 2010
YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
Do you like bowling?
Do you go to Dodgers games?
Have you been vaccinated?
Have you been to a strip club in the last year?
Have you been to a movie theater in the last year?
Do you wear socks to sleep?
Have you had plastic surgery?
Do you floss daily?
PLAYA – LENS:
Fun times in Culver City.
PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET MIKO
Miko has been living in Marina del Rey since January 2017
WOULD YOU RATHER QUESTIONS:
Would you rather read an awesome book or watch a good movie?
Would you rather be the most popular person at work or school or the smartest?
Would you rather put a stop to war or end world hunger?
Would you rather spend the night in a luxury hotel room or camping surrounded by beautiful scenery?
Would you rather explore space or the ocean?
Would you rather go deep-sea diving or bungee jumping?
Would you rather be a kid your whole life or an adult your whole life?
PLAYA – LENS:
The popular Burger Lounge in Marina del Rey.
PLAYA – LENS:
Meet Evelyn, owner of Petals ‘n’ Wax in Marina del Rey.
PLAYA – BUSINESS:
Petals ‘n’ Wax
Petals ‘n’ Wax • Villa Marina Marketplace Mall
13432 Maxella Ave. • Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Hours 10 to 6 Every Day (310) 305-8883
PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET ADDIE AND BERKLEY
Addie and Berkley are sisters living in Marina del Rey.
If you live or work in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, or Westchester, please send in your intriguing photos to us at: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA VISTA PEOPLE – READER QUESTION:
What is your favorite romantic restaurant in the area? Please send us your nomination for the best romantic restaurant in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey and Westchester. Send to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – BUSINESS:
Limor Zamir is an area resident and real estate specialist who will enhance your quality of life with expertise gained by experience.
Her benefits are wide-ranging: Intimate knowledge of local neighborhoods; The right preparation and planning to list your house; Securing best-price scenarios.
Zamir is a professional who develops relationships that lead to satisfying outcomes. A home isn’t just a transaction. It’s your life. Call her and tap into her expertise to meet your needs.
(310) 866-3778 firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAYA VISTA – WANTED:
New Business Development (PR) Team Members
Prominent P.R./Branding Firm seeks entry-level, part-time, flexible hours New Business team members. This is a Commission-based position but GREAT Media/PR experience with extraordinary knowledge and opportunity.
Send resume to: email@example.com
PLAYA – RESTAURANT:
OUR BULLETIN BOARD IS FREE! – USE IT TO SPEAK TO 25,000 OF YOUR NEIGHBORS:
The Playa Vista People bulletin board is free and that means you can reach 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester for free! Hire, sell, barter, rent, promote, comment, anything. Send your free bulletin board post (maximum 50 words) to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Fernanda Ferreira, Owner of Escape Day Spa, Wins Best of Los Angeles Award “BEST SPA of PLAYA VISTA 2021”
Fernanda Ferreira, Owner of Escape Day Spa, wins Best of Los Angeles Award – “BEST SPA (PLAYA VISTA) – 2021,” according to Aurora DeRose, award coordinator for the Best of Los Angeles Award community.
PLAYA – R.I.P.:
Playa Vista’s Jeff Wald, who served as a manager for Helen Reddy, Sylvester Stallone, and George Carlin, has died. He was 77. Wald’s daughter, Traci Wald, confirmed his passing. No cause of death was available. “To the very end, he was laughing and fighting for the life he lived with epic proportions in every way,” Wald said in a statement provided. “He was surrounded by the family he loved so much and the music that was the soundtrack to his life of eternal optimism. We are heartbroken by the loss of our husband, father, friend, and fierce advocate for women’s rights and justice for all.”
Group Says it Has Enough Signatures to Force Mike Bonin Recall Vote:
A group looking to oust Los Angeles City Councilman Mike Bonin said Wednesday it has submitted more than 39,000 signatures in support of a recall measure – a number organizers believe will be enough to qualify it for the ballot. More than 27,000 valid signatures from registered voters in Bonin’s coastal district are needed. The recall effort could be the most potent sign yet of public dissatisfaction over L.A.’s homelessness crisis. “Bonin has been an absolute disaster for the community,” said long-time Marina del Rey homeowner Alice M. “Removing him immediately from office should be the priority of every area resident.”
PLAYA – SPORTS:
Winter lacrosse is here! Westside Bears will be hosting Boys and Girls teams for players based on grade: K/1, 2/3, 4/5 and Middle School. Games will be played on Saturdays starting January 8th. Sign up today and take advantage of our early bird discount! Click here to register Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Contact: Devin@westsidebearslc.com
PLAYA – BUSINESS:
Andy Wyss is a proven digital-first marketing consultant with a successful track record in brand building, consumer engagement and growth. Originally from Switzerland via NYC now based in Marina del Rey. Wyss is a strategic, analytical and creative marketer with a start-up and DTC mentality, re-branding experience and international know-how. Need your (small) brand to grow? Let’s give it a boost and work together. Get in touch today: firstname.lastname@example.org
By day, Angie is a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and charity-giving Culver City resident. But once a week, she lets loose with things that piss her off. Buckle up.
** Why the f—k are some retail stores already playing putrid Christmas music before Thanksgiving?
** Note to the world: If you buy your pet a birthday present, you need to see a psychiatrist immediately!
** Some people say heaven is the place where you are reunited with all the dogs you have lost. If you are spending time thinking about heaven and dogs simultaneously you really are screwed up in the head, which of course describes many people in our area.
Send your comments to Angry Angie PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
PLAYA – BULLETIN BOARD:
1. ** THE ANTI-RECALL PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN CREEPY. Today an anti-recall person knocked on my door and offered me compensation if I didn’t sign the recall. Said, “Mike will personally have dinner with you.” Then they wrote down my license plates, took photos of my dog. 7300-7310 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey, CA —- Justin Purser, Playa del Rey
2. ** I dig Angry Angie. Cool chic! —- Ramon N., Westchester
3. ** Joe Buscaino Moves To Reinstate RV Dweller Limitations. I was so pissed when the city let LAMC 85.02 sunset in January 2020 and then we all got distracted with the pandemic. Buscaino’s current motion to reinstate is better. He is proposing registration and permitting to limit how many RVs end up in any particular community, plus a way to track RV dwellers and make sure they are connected with services. —- Tracy Thrower Conyers, Westchester
4. ** I’m told by a friend who works for the Santa Monica police that they are budgeted for 215 officers and are now down to 160 with many continuing to leave. Perhaps this explains the nightmarish crime rate in the once great city of Santa Monica. —- Victor P., Marina del Rey
5. ** My neighbor Reggie is a drunken, brawling, perilous churl. And ugly to boot. Beware. —- Annabelle T., Culver City
6. ** As data showing the effects of sugar on the human body becomes more well known, future generations will look back with horror on our practice of sending children out to trick-or-treat. —- Abby W., Playa del Rey
7. ** “Truth is the only safe ground to stand upon.” —- www.LBNExaminer.com
8. ** A sad day in Westchester! Well…I was wondering when it was going to happen…today was the day! The dreaded car backups of pre-pandemic lore are officially back! If there is one thing I really enjoyed about the pandemic, it was the lack of traffic in our neighborhood and around town in general. —- Scott Henry, Westchester
9. ** I caught a glimpse of the clean-up in the park today. It may sound corny, but I was actually thrilled. Thank you to all our wonderful neighbors who made this possible, especially Robert Hansen. #WestchesterPark, 7090-7100 West Manchester Avenue, Los Angeles, CA —- Trudi Devine, Westchester
10. ** Someone tried to access my house on both sides…rang the doorbell. I heard branches scratching my window on one side of my house, then a minute or so later my dog started barking and looking very intently in the backyard. 6420-6430 West 83rd Street, Los Angeles, CA —- Britt Morrissey, Westchester
11. ** I know I don’t have to tell you that Critical Race Theory is bad. But as a former communist, that was deep in the trenches of the radical Left. I’ve had an inside look that most conservatives never had – and I can tell you that while most of the American people don’t like CRT, most of us don’t understand how serious this really is. —- Dr. William H., Marina del Rey
12. ** I recently moved here from NYC. Originally from France where I studied and practiced hairstyling before moving to work at a top-level salon. I have been in this industry for more than 10 years and I am here to offer you my services. I am happy to help with haircuts (all ages, genders, etc.), colors, balayage, and anything you’d need. I most likely will be able to help you with or at least direct you to your best hairstyle. I do house calls for a fee or you can also visit me. —- Marie Cosseron, e-mail: email@example.com
13. ** Bonin Recall Numbers. Needed 27,000 collected 39,000. He’s gone thank you all. —- Robert Hansen, Westchester
14. ** I just don’t like LeBron James’ style. —- Kevin K., Playa Vista
15. ** Smile, you’re on Candid Camera. Send your favorite candid photos of people in: Playa Vista • Marina del Rey • Culver City • Playa del Rey • Westchester. Send your photos to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Talk to your community for free! Reach 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester with the FREE Playa Vista People Bulletin Board. Send in your free message to our bulletin board, not to exceed 50 words to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.