PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET GABBY
Gabby has been living in Playa Vista since August 2019
YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
Do you eat breakfast every morning:
Do you play computer games:
Have you had a cold in the last year:
Have you been to Disneyland?
Do you sleep with socks on?
Have you ever heard of The Beatles?
Do you brush your teeth more than twice a day?
PLAYA – LENS:
Smile, you’re on Candid Camera. Nighttime fun in Playa del Rey. If you live or work in either Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, or Westchester, please send your candid photos to us for publication.
PLAYA – PEOPLE: MEET EDEN G.
Eden has been living and working in Culver City since February 2017
WOULD YOU RATHER:
Would you rather always be dressed a little too cold or a little too warm for the weather (no taking off layers!)?
–I AM EXTREMELY HOT-BLOODED SO I WOULD RATHER DRESS A LITTLE TOO COLD. I AM ALWAYS HOT!
Would you rather live in a different fancy hotel every night with unlimited room service credit or live in your dream home but not be able to hire any help?
–HOTELS, ALL THE WAY. I DON’T COOK.
Would you rather be shot into space or explore the deepest depths of the sea?
–I AM A FISH AT HEART, SO THE SEA IS FOR ME.
Would you rather be the funniest person in every room or the most intelligent person in every room?
–I AM ALMOST ALWAYS THE FUNNIEST PERSON IN THE ROOM, UNINTENTIONALLY.
Would you rather be trapped on a desert island with someone who never speaks or with someone who never shuts up?
–I LIKE QUIET SO GIVE ME SOMEONE WHO NEVER SPEAKS BUT CAN COOK.
PLAYA – LENS:
Direct from Playa Vista, Jeni’s Ice Cream. The Splendid Holiday Collection features festive flavors including Pistachio Macaron, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Sugar Plum, White Chocolate Peppermint, and Cognac with Gingerbread.
PLAYA – INTERVIEW: MELANIE ARCHER
1. Why did you choose to conduct your business affairs in the Silicon Beach area? How did you get there?
–I started my home Pilates studio out of my garage in Culver City. My daughter was three at the time, but when she started attending school at WNS I had more time to grow my business. I wanted a location fairly close to her school and I thankfully found the perfect place here on the corner of Centinela and Arizona Avenues.
2. What has been your greatest success in your career? How has it influenced your business?
–My greatest success in my career has been helping women get back into shape after having children and also helping people recover from injuries. It is so rewarding to see people accomplish their goals and do things they never thought they could do again. This has influenced my business because my passion shines through and my clients trust me.
3. What is your favorite business in the Silicon Beach area? What makes them special?
–My favorite business is Sarah’s Wine Bar. Before COVID, my instructors and a few clients would do workout wine Wednesday each week. We’d have a great workout at the studio on Wednesday evening and head to Sarah’s for some dinner and wine to break up the week. She always took great care of us.
4. How has working in Silicon Beach influenced the way you approach your business?
–I really don’t think the area has influenced how I run my business. I just feel so fortunate to have found a great location to do what I love.
YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
Do you believe in ghosts?
Have you ever travelled outside of the U.S.?
Are you scared of rollercoasters?
Have you ever been skydiving?
Do you like hiking?
PLAYA – LENS:
WHO READS PLAYA VISTA PEOPLE?
Veteran realtor Limor Zamir along with 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey and Westchester.
PLAYA – BUSINESS:
Holiday Gift Card
PLAYA – RESTAURANT REVIEW:
by Alice Revel of Playa Vista
Dinner at Cantalini’s Salerno Beach Restaurant in Playa del Rey is an experience worth having. Whatever the opposite of a chain restaurant is, that is what you will enjoy at this special and iconic place. The food is delightful and plentiful. I especially enjoy the Antipasto salad which again seems about as far away from the Olive Garden as imaginable! The service at this restaurant is quite good especially given that we are in the middle of a massive worker shortage due to the pandemic. The quality of this restaurant seems to emanate from an owner and a staff that care and that are often present.
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Bev Vista, Mar Vista:
What a wonderful morning waiting in my child’s school carpool line next to a DEAD body outside of one of the many RVs parked outside of his school in Playa Vista. LAFD was there and had covered the body with a sheet at least. This is so incredibly upsetting, why is the city leaving people to die on the streets? Oh, because we have to wait years and years to build insanely expensive permanent housing while ignoring the addiction and mental health crisis playing out. For goodness sake, WHY won’t the city declare a state of emergency and use FEMA resources to set up temporary shelters with services?! Housing First/Harm Reduction is enabling desperate human beings to die on the streets instead of getting them the help they need now. This is insanity!
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Robert Hansen, Westchester:
George Gascon, it’s time for the change. George Gascon came into office with a plan, however he didn’t bother to tell anyone what his true plan was until the day he was sworn in. As a result, we have murders and crimes through the roof. Recently 14 Smash and Grab offenders were arrested and out before the paperwork was done to commit more crimes before the end of the day. An auto thief was arrested 13 times in 12 weeks, for the same type of crime. Is this ok? Follow-home robberies are way up, the murder rate is staggering, there is no incentive to not be a criminal. His plan has failed Us the Citizens of Los Angeles County miserably. It’s time to throw this guy out. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we miss this opportunity. The recall is on again, and 2.5 million dollars has been raised to help pay for the collection of signatures. It’s time to speak out with the pen, to sign the petition, get it on the ballot, and get him out. There are plenty of Qualified District Attorneys in the L.A. Office to take his place and reverse his way out of control, policies. He’s not going to it. So we must. www.RecallDAGeorgeGascon.com
PLAYA – RESTAURANT:
PLAYA – COMMENTARY by Kelly Levy:
Marina Peninsula – This man just came into my gated front yard after following my Amazon grocery delivery man leaving the grocery delivery. He was trying to take my groceries out of my yard and I chased him off. He’s currently on Speedway / Quarterdeck. He’s confrontational and has what appears to be blood on his sweatshirt and leg. 4700-4710 Speedway, Marina del Rey, CA.
PLAYA – RESTAURANTS:
Urban Plates – Gift Cards
Urban Plates Gift Cards make the perfect gift for family or friends for any occasion. In a hurry? Send an e-gift card to be delivered right away.
PLAYA – BULLETIN BOARD:
1. ** Experts can say that something is safe, but if we don’t feel that it’s safe, our inner voice can win out over reason. —- Oliva D., Playa del Rey
2. ** The students at LMU watch many professors with a feeling akin to terror. —- Clay T., Playa Vista
3. ** Some advice for aspiring writers: Writing is a ridiculous profession; failure is inevitable; success is conditional and often feels like failure. —- Alvin L, Playa Vista
4. ** White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki…said the COVID-19 pandemic is “a root cause” of recent organized looting incidents across the country. What an idiot! —- Benj P., Westchester
5. ** If bald people work in a restaurant, do they still need to wear a hairnet? —- Karen L., Playa del Rey
6. ** Exceptional Kindness in Westchester (while shopping). I stood in a short check-out line yesterday at Trader Joe’s, only one lady waiting in line ahead of me. She noticed an older man in the next line and she invited him to go ahead of her up to the check-out stand. But first she ALSO turned around to me (standing behind her) and asked me if it was okay to let him go ahead of us. She said: “I’m not in any hurry, so would you like to go ahead of me, too?” —- Paris Salido, Westchester
7. ** New Fiction Novel – PLAYA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB: Suspense in Silicon Beach. PlayaVistaSocialClub.com offers the book trailer. Available now on Amazon and Audible.
8. ** Evidence suggests that, after decades of safety gains, the pandemic has made U.S. drivers more reckless as car crash deaths surge. Slow down and STOP texting! —- Father Anthony, Culver City
9. ** “Somebody’s mom has probably used you as a bad example to their kid.” —- Lucille Z., Marina del Rey
10. ** We found our Kitten. Thanks to all of you amazing neighbors. We found our kitten in an empty house across the street from us. The new neighbors were moving in and found him in the master bathroom. I appreciate the prayers and well wishes. —- Alex Reynolds, Westchester
11. ** I had dinner at the popular J. Nichols in Marina del Rey and asked the waitress for some bread. She brought out two slices of bread and I later noticed on the bill they charged me $4 for two slices of bread. I got them to remove the charge but the whole thing left a bad taste in the experience. —- Darlene M., Marina del Rey
12. ** I love the new Escape Day Spa in Playa Vista. Great experience. —- Penelope A., Playa Vista
13. ** I got my brand new bike from Bike Attack in Playa Vista and I’m very pleased. Great, friendly, knowledgeable service. —- Jose G., Culver City
14. ** Have you ever noticed a timid question will always receive a confident answer? —- Darcy Y., Culver City
15. ** Smile, you’re on Candid Camera. Send your favorite candid photos of people in: Playa Vista • Marina del Rey • Culver City • Playa del Rey • Westchester. Send your photos to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Talk to your community for free! Reach 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester with the FREE Playa Vista People Bulletin Board. Send in your free message to our bulletin board, not to exceed 50 words to: PlayaVistaPeople@TimeWire.net
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.