Cassie, Owner of The Good Vibe Guru
*PLAYA – BUSINESS:
*WELCOME TO PLAYA’S CONFERENCE ROOM:
Located at 12181 Bluff Creek Drive in Playa Vista, Conference Room offers lamb meatballs, mussels and veal and pork ragu pasta. View the menu here.Conference Room is open from 9 a.m.–9 p.m. on weekdays, 5 p.m.–11 p.m. on Saturday and 5 p.m.–10 p.m. on Sunday.
• Beach Winter Wonderland
o Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
o Dockweiler Youth Center
o 12505 Vista Del Mar, Los Angeles, 90293
• Operation Jack Marathon
o Thursday, December 26, 2019, 7:30 AM
o Dockweiler Beach
o 12000 Vista Del Mar, Playa Del Rey, 90293
• Refuel and Refill
o Saturday, December 28, 9 -11 AM
o Alana’s Coffee
o 12511 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles 90066
*PLAYA UPDATE: More Metro Bike Share Stations Come to Playa Vista
The three new stations are the most recent additions in the area and add to a growing network of bike-share stations on the Westside, which can already be found in Venice, Mar Vista, and Del Rey.
*PLAYA VISTA PEOPLE–Only Originals Allowed!:
Communications and Operations Manager, LMU Playa Vista Campus
2. Where do you work, and where did you go for your job training? – I work at Loyola Marymount University’s Playa Vista Campus at The Brickyard. Before coming to LMU, I had various roles in marketing and entertainment, so I thought there was nothing at a university that would surprise or challenge me. I could not have been more wrong! While I do benefit from my past experience, the university environment is vibrant and alive – it creates an inherent urgency to remain current and open-minded.
3. How did you end up in Playa Vista? – I was working for LMU’s School of Film and Television and frequently coming to Playa Vista for various events. Now I am here full-time and work with all of the colleges and schools to bring LMU’s groundbreaking programming to this burgeoning neighborhood.
4. Where are your favorite places to go on weekends? – Los Angeles has some of the best places to go hiking, and I am still finding new trails after all these years. I frequently return to my longtime state park standbys of Topanga Canyon and Malibu Creek, which feel like home to me. I’m also a sucker for just about any bookstore, and my favorite is The Iliad Bookshop in North Hollywood.
5. Do you visit Playa Vista often? – Besides working here, it’s a beautiful community to walk around. The Runway is a great place to meet with friends – nothing beats a Hopdoddy burger and a Cinemark movie combo!
6. Any local traffic shortcuts that you would choose to share? – I like to stay off the freeways as much as possible and experience the city at street level. Centinela Avenue is a great way to avoid the 405 – it drops you right into Playa Vista without having to deal with the inevitable traffic on Jefferson Boulevard.
7. Do you have family in Playa Vista? – The faculty and staff are my Playa Vista family – I have forged close bonds with them over the years. Some of them are like siblings to me, and others can be like crazy aunts and uncles!
8. Are there any community events you go to in Playa Vista? – I love the events that happen at Concert Park and Central Park, especially LMU’s Shakespeare in the Park that has been staged the last few summers. And of course the Farmers Market has a great, bustling vibe and wonderful food.
9. Do you like to go to the beach and if so which would be your personal favorite? – I like to take the Expo Line to Santa Monica for the day. We finally have a train to the beach, and it makes for a great way to experience the city without a car.
10. What motivates you most to keep succeeding in your life? – I’m inspired by the knowledge and patience of the LMU professors. They manage to remain intellectually vital while guiding the next generation of thought leaders. Teaching is a talent and skill that co-exists with their area of expertise, and it’s a wonder to see them interact with this amazing generation of creative, curious, and hardworking students. They consistently inspire me to be the best version of myself.
*WHO READS PLAY VISTA PEOPLE?: Craig Porter, General Manager of Café Del Rey in Marina Del Rey along with 15,000 other “influencers” in the area.
*PLAYA PEOPLE–MEET SEAN:
*PLAYA–UPDATE: NEW LEFT TURN SIGNAL INSTALLED AT CENTINELA BOULEVARD
2. ***Join us at The Resort for “Coach Serja’s Jingle Jangle Workout” on Thursday, December 26th from 9am-9:50am. It’ll be at the 2nd Floor Outdoor Area. Coach Serja will be leading an amazing total body workout with some jingling, jangling and of course some sweating. Visit the Resort website via Playa Link:
3. ***Conference Room is now open in Playa Vista from the owners of Hash, Big Fat Pita and Rodini Park. The eclectic menu, from former Los Balcones chef Miguel Aliaga, includes bone marrow pot pie, semolina gnocchi tartufo, lomo saltado and fish and chips.— 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Los Angeles, (310) 862-6436 https://www.
4. ***Wanted: New, creative, photographer to test for P.R. firm clients and event. Send some photo samples and complete contact details. Must be available to Westside of L.A. – E-mail: Aurora411@TimeWire.net
5. ***Dog walker wanted for very busy Attorney (female) in Westchester, CA 90045 – Two 8 year old LARGE dogs (Both rescues) – $20/hr-$30/hr- 45 min. Walk for each dog, individually (3PM-4:30PM) + doggie meals
Meals: The dogs eat only fruits, veggies, beans, and meat Cook and chop meat (chicken breasts, beef, pork, fish, etc) Light errands: shop for groceries & household items, pharmacy, post office. Some admin. Work which can be done from your home House Sitting and take care of the dogs when she travels (occasionally) $$$. Requirements: Self motivated with a positive attitude. Must have a valid California driver’s license and a reliable car with insurance Must live no more than 10 miles from her office (90045) MUST LOVE LARGE DOGS – How to apply: Please email me your resume along with a quick intro about yourself. – PAandDogsitter@gmail.com
6. ***Do you have a message for your neighbors in Playa Vista? Post on the Playa Vista People
7. ****RENTAL OPPORTUNITY – Contact Mike firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions: “Hi, my name is Mike and I’ve been a resident of Playa for 11 years and love it out here! The current roommate is moving out and I am looking for a new roommate to share the place with. The place is a 2400 sq ft master townhouse across from Saint Bernard High School. The unit is a four bedrooms, two levels, full kitchen, three bathrooms, living room, dinning room and a side yard with garage parking. The unit has a large scale feel. There is a laundry room right up against the unit. One room is used as a home office, another as a guest room. The master bedroom (the largest in the unit) is for rent. The room for rent is on the second floor, has it’s own full bathroom, plenty of closet space and is very private and is available Dec 19th, maybe sooner if needed. I’m a late 30s guy looking for someone who is similar. Rent is $1,300 a month, deposit also needed. Utilities not included however water is free. Contact me to set up a viewing of the place. Also we are managed by ROC Property Management located here in Playa, they are pretty nice guys! Send me an email if you are interested.
Playa Vista People Edited By: Aurora DeRose
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.