*PLAYA PEOPLE – MEET WINKY:
Winky has been living in Westchester since September 2019
YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
1. Have you ever laughed until you cried?
2. Can you ever keep your relationship a secret?
3. Do you discuss your girl/boyfriend/crush with your parents?
4. Can you forgive your Ex who cheats on you?
5. Would you get tired of relationship because your partner wants too much attention?
6. Do you pay attention to little things that matter?
-YES, I DO.
***PLAYA – BUSINESS:
Orange Theory Fitness
For a limited time, Get One Month Free* when you join as a Premier or Elite member. Premier members get unlimited classes per month, so you can go “All Out” under the orange lights as often as you’d like! Join us now to get your first month free, and start off your Orangetheory journey in style.
Call, text or email our studio to book your first free class, or to ask us any questions. We can’t wait to hear from you! In Health,
OTF Playa Vista
Text or Call: (213) 279-2006
*PLAYA – HISTORY:
Overall view of Playa del Rey lagoon showing the pavilion and pier, center, and Del Rey Hotel, far right rear, in 1908. (File photo)
*PLAYA – LENS:
Best friends in Culver City.
*PLAYA – NEWS: ENOUGH – Playa del Rey shooting leaves 4 people wounded, 2 critically, police say
A shooting in Playa del Rey on last week left four people wounded, two of them critically, and prompted a search for two suspects, authorities said. The shooting occurred shortly before 6 a.m. near the intersection of Jefferson and Lincoln boulevards, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. A man and woman approached the victims, opened fire and then fled in a vehicle, an LAPD spokesperson said. Detailed descriptions of the suspects and the vehicle were not available. A wounded man was transported to a hospital by ambulance, while the other three victims arrived at medical centers in civilian vehicles, police said. No other information about the victims was disclosed. News video from AIR7 HD showed LAPD officers conducting an investigation at the scene, which was marked by a long line of RVs parked along Jefferson Boulevard near the Ballona Freshwater Marsh. The motive for the shooting is under investigation.
*PLAYA PEOPLE – CHLOE:
Clyde has lived in Culver City since November 2013
WOULD YOU RATHER QUESTIONS:
* Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-great-grandchildren?
* Would you rather have more time or more money?
-MONEY, NO QUESTION
* Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
* Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak all foreign languages?
-TALK TO ANIMALS ESPECIALLY HORSES.
* Would you rather win the lottery or live twice as long?
*PLAYA – LIVE FREE – READ PLAYA VISTA PEOPLE
Every week 25,000 of your neighbors in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey, Culver City, Playa del Rey, and Westchester read this fascinating intriguing weekly digital magazine. Sign up to receive for free – www.PlayaVistaPeople.com<http://www.PlayaVistaPeople.com>
***PLAY NEWS: LA Still Exploring Culver City, Marina Homeless Housing Sites
Several Westside beaches and proposed locations will not be used as homeless housing sites after a study from the City Administrative Officer confirmed the location is not feasible, however, two sites in Culver City and Marina del Rey could remain potential options, Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin announced. In a four-page report released Monday night, CAO Matt Szabo cited a lack of sewer infrastructure, lack of adequate power capacity, and the absence of fire hydrants as reasons Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades should not be used. The report came after Councilmember Mike Bonin’s proposal to study whether or not Will Rogers State Beach, along with other Westside locations, could be successfully used as an emergency housing site for homeless residents. In March, Bonin proposed a series of ideas for potential homeless shelters as a rising number of encampments grew in the pandemic. Those suggested locations were in Pacific Palisades, Mar Vista, Marina Del Rey, Playa del Rey, Venice, Del Rey, Westchester, and West LA.
*PLAYA – MEET MIA:
Mia has been living in Maria Del Rey since February 2017
1. Have you ever fantasized about having sex in a public place?
2. Do you find the idea of making out in the elevator exciting?
-YES, WITH BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.
3. Would you ever like your Dad accompany you when I go lingerie shopping?
4. Do you smoke cigarettes?
-YES, BUT ONLY WHEN I DRINK AND I DRINK A LOT.
*PLAYA – COMMENTARY BY JAYNE GOLDMAN, CULVER CITY
Car Ransacked. Last night my husband’s locked car was ransacked in front of our house… the same thing happened with my car a few months ago. We live on Stewart Ave between 80th and 83rd. We had footage from our security camera that showed this guy in a hoodie opening the door to my car as though he had the key… nothing that police seem to be able to do anything about. I know other neighbors have posted about the same experience. Nothing was taken… it seems these people are just looking for money. I don’t know if there is a universal FOB that these people have or a device that extends the signal from your FOB inside the house. Some of you had posted about a metal box that you can keep your FOB in that would not allow the signal to transmit through the box. After my experience, I ordered a few different ones on Amazon and they didn’t work to block the signal when I put the FOB in the box and was close to my car
*PLAYA – INTERVIEW: MEET AUDREY WOOLLEN
1. Why did you choose to conduct your business affairs in the Silicon Beach area? How did you get there?
-Lindsay and Raan Parton the founders behind Alchemy Works and Freemarket are complete legends at conceptual and experienced based retail. Working with them in the past has been amazing and when we chatted on the Runway project, creative sparks were flying and I just knew Urbanic would be a great fit in Playa!
2. Would you have to say has been the forefront of your success in your career?
How did you develop your process in your work?
-People love a niche brand that is based on integrity. At Urbanic, we are purveyors of thoughtfulness and beautiful things that can be given or sent to make someone’s day. Our business has become meaningful and dimensional primarily because of the relationships we’ve built along the way with our customers near and far. The environment we’ve curated is meant to be a warm, happy, and an inspired place that celebrates all of the best parts of life. Urbanic is not just a boutique, but to many people, it’s an experience that brings joy and creativity. This for us has become our foundation of who we are and who we continually to strive to be – and I believe the success of the business. The process was developed collectively by myself and my entire team by being authentic to the sentiment behind the brand.
3. Do you see yourself going beyond the Silicon Beach area? Where are you from?
-100% ALL THE YESES to this question. I’ve had the shop on Abbot Kinney in Venice for almost 16 years now. Playa is our newest addition and would most definitely would love to bring Urbanic to some other great neighborhoods as well. We’re currently looking for investors and partnerships to help make this happen. I’m originally from the East Coast, so opening an Urbanic NYC has always also been a dream of mine as well!
4. In what ways have you seen the area change since you’ve been here?
-Well. Since we arrived in the midst of Covid Times, the main change has been finally and actually seeing people IRL … and even their whole faces for a hot second!
We’re really looking forward to more normal times ahead, but for now just completely grateful to be part of the Playa community!
PLAYA – YES OR NO QUESTIONS:
1. Are you scared of heights?
– I always think I am, but then I’m actually not.
2. Do you listen to The Beatles?
– Not by choice, but my boys do (24/7 literally) so it happens.
3. Have you vomited in the last year?
4. Does your car have seat warmers?
-oh H.YES! one of life’s little pleasures!
5. Have you smoked at least one cigarette in the last year?
*PLAYA – EATS: MOE’S PLACE AT THE BEACH
We hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!
Did you know we were reader recommended to the Argonaut News last year as Best Independent Local Steakhouse on the Westside?!?! If you haven’t already, come try our Rib Eye and New York steaks! Prepared just right for your tastebuds #ribeyesteak#primerib#beststeaks#bestofthewestside#argonautnews#playadelrey#beachbars#fivestardivebar#welovefood
MOE’S PLACE AT THE BEACH
203 Culver Blvd
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
*PLAYA – EVENTS:
*PLAYA – RESTAURANTS:
Bull & Butterfly,
– Playa Vista
Playa Vista neighborhood spot, Bull & Butterfly, is launching an all-new brunch menu.
Available on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., the extensive brunch menu is an ode to Bull & Butterfly’s Californian inspiration and is broken down into eggs, boards, sweets, salads, and sandwiches, with highlights including a Steak and Cheddar Eggs, Jumbo Blue Crab and Poached Asparagus, Avocado Toast, Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich, 10 oz. Hickory Patty Melt, and an Eggs and Cheddar Cheese Panade.
In addition, they will also be offering a few sweeter items including Sticky Toffee Pancakes and Bread Pudding French Toast. To wash it all down, Bull & Butterfly will also be serving brunch cocktails—including the classics like Bloody Mary’s, mimosas, and sangria in addition to a few housemade creations—beer, and wine. Only a short drive away from the beach and an expansive patio, Bull & Butterfly makes the perfect brunch setting to safely enjoy with friends and family.
1. ***”Sorry to say they raised the prices at Hop Doddy in Playa Vista. So, let me see if I understand this correctly: the food is the same, the service is worse, and the prices are higher?” – Merrideth S., Playa Vista
2.******Stay informed with Playa Vista People. The people, places, and things going on in Playa Vista, Marina del Rey Culver City, Playa del Rey and Westchester. Join 25,000 of your neighbors each week in reading Playa Vista People. www.PlayaVistaPeople.com<http://www.PlayaVistaPeople.com> .
3. ***My memory of the Culver City High School cafeteria was as cacophonous as a hen yard. —– Blair H., Culver City.
4. ***Hit & Run – Playa Del Rey Center. At 1:05 pm, I witnessed a hit and run of a parked car outside Sparking Cleaners. The guy in the blue VW in the photo took off and I’m still on hold with LAPD right now trying to file a report. They’re not picking up, so if you see this car, watch out! Vehicle 1 Color: Light Blue Make: Volkswagen Model: Beetle License Plate: 7JQV332 — 8120-8130 West Manchester Avenue, Playa del Rey, CA —– Anthony Markovich, Playa Del Rey
5. *****$181,000 for an M.F.A. in film from Columbia? I wish I were kidding. —– Arthur L., Playa Vista.
6. ******* In his contempt for cheap moralism, Ralph Waldo Emerson was the mirror opposite of today’s preening leftist intellectuals. —- Debra S., Playa Del Rey.
7. ***Go to the Playa Del Rey beach to get drunk in the sun or crash into a wave. Whatever you do, don’t bring a book! —– Sue S., Playa Del Rey
Playa Vista People Disclaimer: 1.) Playa Vista People accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Playa Vista People is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.